Sunday, July 19, 2009

A revealing review of the movie UP in 3-D

Up, the movie, takes place in the air. The characters are constantly at risk of falling from heights that would kill them should their foot slip off the porch, or the balloon string finally snap from the weight.

You know that feeling you get when you see someone on TV come really close to falling or actually fall but get saved somehow? I'm talking about the feeling you have BEFORE they get saved....

Well, I've felt that feeling. And not from watching someone falling. From BEING someone falling. And I didn't get saved. Not until maybe 2 hours later anyway.

No, this picture is not me... and it's probably disturbing for you.
I won't argue with you. It is disturbing.
And it's also pretty close to what I must have looked like
to the neighbor who found me.
See January > A story I once told



I'
ve been able to stomach seeing actors, cartoon and otherwise, at risk of such falls before. But before, it's been an isolated scene among otherwise completely unfamiliar situations. The movie Up is 2 hours of one almost-fatal-fall after another.

I saw the movie today but I haven't even been able to think about the movie yet. This heartwarming, love-for-humanity kind of movie usually leaves me feeling happy and satisfied. I want to get there, I really do. I think this post was an attempt to do that. It's not working.

I'm not over it yet... under-statement? Will I ever be able to watch people come close to falling from a fatal height? Maybe never. Maybe that's asking too much.

I don't have a positive-outlook way to end this post.


Someday.

1 comment: